Executive Director, Grand Strand Humane Society
The Grand Strand Humane Society is searching for an executive director to manage its facility located at 3241 Mr. Joe White Avenue, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Established in 1972, The Grand Strand Humane Society operates as a private 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation.
The City of Myrtle Beach has agreed to post this position for the shelter; however, it should be noted that this position is not a city position. The job descriptions with qualifications are listed below, along with instructions for interested/qualified applicants to apply.
SUMMARY: The basic function of the Executive Director of the Grand Strand Humane Society (GSHS) is to provide the leadership and direction necessary to sustain the services and meet or exceed operational, customer service and financial goals established by the Executive Board of Directors.
The Executive Director will plan, organize and develop programs that will meet the objectives of the GSHS and seek opportunities to improve services, and direct the day-to-day operations within the framework of policy and authority established by the Board of Directors. The Executive Director will oversee all aspects of Animal Care, Personnel Management, and Financial Management. The Executive Director will be responsible for managing the Public Image of the GSHS; which includes public relations and liaison with government and civic organizations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carry out the goals, plans, and mission of the GSHS as established by the Board of Directors.
- Control the management direction, culture and style of the GSHS.
- Ensure personnel functions meet GSHS operational requirements.
- Ensure that all actions of the GSHS are accomplished in an ethical manner.
- Maintain and increase the GSHS’s stature in the community.
- Serve as the voice of the GSHS in the community and business organizations.
- Attain or exceed the established revenue & budget goals.
- Manage the assets of the GSHS.
- Requires a highly organized person who can monitor numerous projects at once and who can prioritize the workloads of reporting employees.
- Requires the ability to mold and motivate the GSHS as a whole to achieve the goals as established by the Board of Directors.
- Requires the ability to produce revenue forecasts and operating budgets and then attain those goals for the year.
- Requires extensive computer knowledge.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong public speaking, writing, grammar and editing skills.
- Requires a dynamic individual with the ability and skills to represent the GSHS in all situations.
- Requires the ability to communicate to all members of the community in a manner that achieves understanding of the GSHS.
- Prefers a proven track record with successful years of revenue and cost containment under his/her leadership.
Education and/or Experience: A Bachelor’s degree in a business discipline is required. Prior employment and experience in a clinical establishment is desirable.
Physical Demands: Candidate must be able to travel as necessary to complete the duties of this position. Ideal candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced work environment. No other physical restrictions apply to this position provided that the candidate is able to satisfactorily complete the above-mentioned duties and responsibilities.
Application Instructions and Process
The Board of Directors has assigned a committee to review all submissions. Interested applicants should email the documents listed below prior to June 1st, 2016 for employment consideration.
- Resume of Qualifications/Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover Letter – Should be address to The GSHS Board of Directors.
- Salary Requirements Page.
- Reference Page – Four (4) professional references from the past year.
Email documents to: email@example.com
Feline Care Technician Needed
Grand Strand Humane Society is looking to hire a Feline Care Technician. The right candidate will be a hard worker, self starter and be extremely comfortable handling scared, injured, ill or fractious cats. This position has a set schedule and applicants must be available for all of the following shifts. It is imperative that the applicant be on time every day and be willing to stay up to one hour late each day if needed. The starting wage for this position is $7.50/hr. with the potential for a raise within the first six months. Please see the set schedule below.
Mondays – 7:00 – 2:00
Tuesdays – 7:00 – 2:00
Wednesdays – 7:00 – 2:00
Thursdays – 7:00 – 2:00
Fridays – 7:00 – 2:00
Primary duties will include cleaning cages, socializing frightened cats, reporting any illnesses or injuries to the medical team, giving medications, assisting with vaccinations, and keeping up with the appropriate paperwork for this area.
If you are interested in joining an amazing team that works hard to save lives every day, please contact us to set up an interview. We look forward to meeting you!
Contact: Jess Wnuk – firstname.lastname@example.org
We are always looking for volunteers too!
There are many different things you can do as a volunteer, such as: